Terms & Conditions
General: As a supplier to Metron Advanced Equipment, hereinafter referred to as Metron, it is understood that your organization agrees to meet the following stipulations / AS9100 requirements whenever a Metron Order specifies that the order is for an aerospace application / job (or contains some similar aerospace/AS9100 reference). These requirements are, therefore, to be considered as terms and conditions to all aerospace purchases.
- Where required on the METRON Purchase Order, its suppliers must use METRON customer-approved special process sources. These sources will be communicated to you by METRON in advance or with the Purchase Order.
- METRON is to be contacted (by the supplier) in the event of nonconforming product / material. Arrangements for the approval of supplier nonconforming product / material must be as directed by a METRON authorised manager or designee.
- Furthermore, the supplier is required to notify METRON of any changes to a product and/or process and to obtain approval of such change from an authorized METRON manager or designee.
- METRON, their customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to all supplier facilities involved in the aerospace order and to all associated / applicable records.
- METRON requires that all applicable customer / regulatory / AS9100 requirements for the supplier to flow-down to your supplier / sub-tier suppliers (includes requirements in the purchasing documents and key characteristics).
- METRON performs inspection activities to ensure that purchased product meets purchase requirements. They may include:
- Receiving inspections (of supplier products/services/documents) may be / are performed by a designated METRON employee. METRON verifies the authenticity of the appropriate certificate of conformity, material certificates, etc. and other accompanying documentation by review and comparison (as is appropriate) to the drawing and/or industry specifications or by other means. When necessary, METRON may inspect or audit at the supplier’s facility.
- All incoming finished parts, bar stock, forgings, special tooling or any item that is used in the manufacture of aerospace parts must be boxed or protected during shipping. METRON retains the right to refuse any shipment because of damage that may occur because of improper packaging, etc. and return it to the supplier for replacement at the supplier’s cost.
- Furthermore, products are inspected to ensure they meet requirements (dimensions, etc.) and the results are recorded (as appropriate). All special processes (anodizing, heat treat, zinc plating, etc.) will require a Certificate of Conformity.
- When appropriate, METRON may delegate the inspection authority to one of its approved suppliers. METRON will communicate the inspection requirements and maintain a record of those approved to carry out such inspections.
- When METRON or its customer intends to perform verification at the supplier’s premises, METRON will first state the intended verification arrangements and the method of product release. This information will be communicated on the METRON Purchase Order or via another acceptable purchasing arrangement.
- Where specified in the contract, METRON’s customer or customer’s representative will be afforded the right to verify at the supplier’s and METRON’s premises that subcontracted product conforms to specified requirements. Verification by the customer is not used by METRON as evidence of effective control of quality by the supplier and shall not absolve METRON nor its supplier of the responsibility to provide acceptable product, nor shall it preclude subsequent rejection by the customer.
- To prevent the purchase of counterfeit or suspect / unapproved products, to ensure product identification and traceability, and for other reasons, METRON will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and / or other supporting documentation from its suppliers as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on METRON Purchase Order or may otherwise be communicated to the supplier.
- Records are available for review by customers and regulatory authorities in accordance with contract or regulatory requirements.
- METRON may also require specific actions where timely and / or effective corrective actions to a supplier issue(s) are not achieved. These actions may include but are not limited to any or all of the following: withholding payment until the issue is resolved, removal of the supplier from METRON’s Approved Supplier List, and legal actions.
- Documented information such as Test Reports, Material Certs., and / or Certificates of Conformity shall accompany all orders.
- The supplier shall immediately notify METRON and explain any circumstances, including labour dispute, which may delay the timely performance of the Purchase Order and shall continue to notify METRON of any significant changes in delivery status.